Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to all and any use of this website together with the services associated therewith (including without limitation all mailing lists, email lists, and like forum run operated or controlled by Vetsonline and all and any postings, emails and other communications made to or using the Vetsonline services or any services run by VBD.
By using vetsonline.com you agree to be bound by these Terms.
If you do not accept these Terms you should not use vetsonline.com to make any submissions or subscribe to any VBD services and you should log out now.
VBD may make alterations to these terms and conditions from time to time and these variations shall become effective immediately upon being accessible from www.vetsonline.com/terms-and-conditions.html.
By using vetsonline.com you undertake that you have the necessary hardware, software and capability required for email and web usage.
The password issued to you is personal to you in order to facilitate your access to vetsonline.com and shall not be disclosed to any third party without VBD's prior written consent.
All email communications sent by Vetsonline and attachments thereto are intended only for the addressee and/or others authorised to receive them.
Third party websites with links from vetsonline.com have not been verified or reviewed by VBD and use and access of such third party websites is made at your own risk.
Vetsonline is engaged in the business of providing an online news, sales and information service or tool and is engaged in the transmission, storage, retrieval, hosting, formatting or translation of communications. You agree and accept that VBD has taken reasonable responsibility to generally review the apparent content of any submissions, articles, advertisements, or services all of which are made available on that basis.
The views expressed in any articles are the views of the individual contributors and not those of VBD unless specified otherwise by VBD. In particular, but without limitation to the above, VBD is not responsible for, and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any submissions.
VBD gives no warranty and makes no representation as to the accuracy, currency or validity of the information and material contained within any submissions or the VBD Services and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of any use of such material.
You agree and undertake that you will not post or transmit to, through or using the VBD services any statement, material or submission that:
- is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability;
- is technically harmful such as computer viruses, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or harmful data;
- is defamatory, libellous, untrue, discriminatory, obscene, inflammatory or racist material whatsoever.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless VBD against all liability it may have in respect of and arising out of your use of the VBD services and your submissions.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, COPYRIGHT AND TRADE MARKS
The design, development, layout, concepts, source code and back end software of the VBD Services, except where expressed otherwise, are the property of VBD and all copyright, design rights, database right, patents, personality rights and any rights to inventions, know-how, trade and business names, trade secrets, logos and devices, trade and service marks (whether registered or unregistered) and any applications therefore ("Intellectual Property Rights") in the VBD services belong to and vest in VBD, or are licensed to VBD unless otherwise specified. All such rights of VBD are hereby asserted and reserved.
No person other than the rightful owner or licensee of such Intellectual Property Rights may:
- hack, attempt to hack, distribute, modify, transmit, re-use, re-post, or use any or all of the VBD services or the information contained therein for any purpose other than as set out above nor for public or commercial purposes without VBD's or the relevant licensee's prior written permission;
- provide hypertext links, URL Links, graphic links, hyperlinks or other direct connection for profit or gain to the VBD services without VBD's or the relevant licensee's prior written permission;
- display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the VBD services and the information contained therein for the benefit of any other website without VBD's or the relevant licensee's prior written permission;
- process or otherwise use the information contained on or within the VBD services for any illegal or immoral purpose nor use or process the same unfairly.
You alone shall be responsible for your submissions and the content of your submissions and all rights, duties and obligations that go with it and represent and undertake to VBD that such submissions do not involve, contain or include material that is likely to infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party.
You may not be entitled to reproduce any of the material contained within the website for any purpose except with the permission of the owner (express or implied) or as provided by law or as set out below.
You MAY download and use the Vetsonline services for your private, non-commercial, personal use only, provided that you retain all copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained on the VBD services. You MAY NOT sub-licence or deal in this right without VBD's prior written permission.
You therefore hereby undertake to VBD to indemnify and hold harmless VBD in full and defend at its own expense VBD against all claims, liabilities, costs and losses whatsoever and howsoever incurred by VBD its servants or nominees arising out of any claim made against it in any jurisdiction in the world for infringement of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by your use of the VBD services and any submissions.
VBD, vetsonline.com, the vetsonline.com logo and the VBD logo are trade names or trade marks of VBD, the use of which is expressly forbidden by any other persons without the express permission of VBD.
VBD makes no warranty or representation in respect of any other trade mark or trading name, symbol or device, all of which are hereby acknowledged. If you have any questions in relation to the use of any marks contained within the VBD Services please contact VBD at the address below.
VBD provides and maintains vetsonline.com for personal information, on an "as is" basis VBD shall be liable only to provide its services with reasonable skill and care and gives no other warranty in connection with vetsonline.com.
VBD cannot and do not give any warranties in connection with any VBD Services and to the maximum extent permitted by law, VBD excludes liability for all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
VBD does not review or verify the nature of terms and conditions on offer as claimed by prospective employers in the recruitment section of vetsonline.com, and does not by publication of any such advert imply VBD's approval as to claims made, or the status or suitability of the business in question as an employer.
Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, VBD excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to VBD and VBD shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on vetsonline.com and all interruptions to or delays in updating the service; the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of the VBD Services, Submissions and any material contained therein; all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including without limitation conditions implied by law as to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for this notice would have effect in relation to the content of submissions;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading vetsonline.com, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from VBD or its licensees
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the internet that are owned and operated by third parties ("External Sites") to which vetsonline.com link and web site located on or through any external site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to 'cookies', personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those external sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
VBD shall be entitled not to accept any submission and shall be entitled to restrict suspend or terminate access to the VBD services (or part thereof) if in its absolute discretion it considers it reasonable to do so, (including without limitation if your Submissions involve material that is likely to infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party, contains defamatory, hateful, pornographic and other legally restricted material).
These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall it exclude or limit VBD's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
USE OF VETSONLINE.COM
Vetsonline.com is to be used solely for private, non-commercial, personal purposes only. Accordingly, you undertake not to:
- use vetsonline.com for any commercial or business purpose;
- include contact details intended to facilitate communication of any sort (email address, postal address, phone number, web address etc.) in your initial posting on vetsonline.com. This material can be shared once direct contact has been made using Subscription purchased;
- use your access to vetsonline.com, or information gathered from it, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email.
VBD shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of vetsonline.com upon your breach of any part of these Terms.
Termination shall be without prejudice to the accrued rights of either party.
VBD will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen contingency beyond the reasonable control of such party including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law (but subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights).
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed by email to VBD or by post to Veterinary Business Development Limited, Olympus House, Werrington Centre, Peterborough PE4 6NA.
VBD acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
If VBD does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a waiver of any provision or right.
In the event that any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, such part will at VBD's option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties' intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and VBD and shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract which you may purport to propose.
Use of vetsonline.com and these terms are subject to the laws of England which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Where national regulatory authorities have jurisdiction over the VBD Services and Submissions, VBD has attempted to ensure compliance with the requirements of such regulatory body. However, some of the information and content may not to be accessed from certain jurisdictions and it is hereby asserted that the VBD Services are intended for and directed at the UK and EU and no representation or warranty is made as to whether the VBD Services and Submissions comply with the regulatory regime and local laws of any other countries.
Vetsonline.com is free for members to visit and view.
All prices on the Vetsonline site are quoted in pounds sterling VAT being specifically referred to as applicable and any delivery costs quoted separately.
Orders are subject to these terms and conditions.
You use vetsonline.com at entirely your own risk. It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. VBD has no way of telling if statements made by other visitors are true. This is a decision that can only be made at your discretion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PRIZE DRAW ENTRY:
- The prize draw is open to veterinary professionals who work in veterinary practices and are residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over.
- Employees of pharmaceutical companies and veterinary companies who provide a service to veterinary practices are not eligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.
- We are unable to send The Veterinary Times to 1st year Trainee Nurses; in addition we are unable to send VN Times to Veterinary Surgeons and Final Year Veterinary Students.
- The prize draw will close on Friday 7th December 2012, the winners will be selected at random on Friday 14th December 2012, and the main prize winner of £2000 Virgin Voucher will be notified by telephone or e-mail and then presented in person. The five runners up prizes of £100 Virgin voucher will be notified by telephone and will then be sent their prize by royal mail recorded delivery, which will require proof of signature.
- There is no cash alternative to the prizes.
- Veterinary Business Development accepts no liability for loss or misplacement of the £2000 Virgin Voucher and five x £100 Virgin Vouchers once in winner’s possession.
- All full completed entries will be entered into the prize draw, completed entries can also be sent by post to Vetfile, Olympus House, Werrington Centre, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE4 6NA, any entries received after Friday 7th December 2012 will not be included in the prize draw.
Veterinary Business Development Limited
Olympus House, Werrington Centre, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE4 6NA
Tel: 01733 325522, Fax: 01733 325512
Company registered in England no. 2185105
VAT no. GB 472 9241 34. A Wolters Kluwer Company